Falcons fall short in tri-meet contest, Weilbacher places first in vault event

Earlier today, the Bowling Green gymnastics team hosted a tri-meet with Central Michigan and Wisconsin-Oshkosh in the Stroh Center. The Falcons placed second all-around at the meet with a score of 193.725, while CMU earned 196.425 and UWO earned 192.925.  

Improving from her previous meet, Kathryn Weilbacher was one of five competitors to tie for first place in the vault event. Achieving a score of 9.850, Weilbacher placed second for the all-around with a score of 39.850. 

Though the Falcons put up a fight during the bars event, it was just not enough to catch up to their opponents. Weilbacher placed fourth on the bars with a score of 9.775, and Isabella Rivelli was right behind her placing fifth with a score of 9.750. 

On the balance beam, BGSU had two gymnasts place in the top three. Emily Castiglia earned second place with a score of 9.825 and Megan Bingham earned third place with a score of 9.800. 

Finishing strong in the floor exercise, Weilbacher and Love Apkan both earned themselves a score of 9.825. 

The Falcons will be back in the Stroh next Sunday, Feb.11 at 2 p.m. to take on Eastern Michigan, Fisk and West Virginia.